Rosedawn Plantation wiring diagram

John B. Venator

I have a Rosedawn, too.  You will have to create your own wiring diagram, I don't think there is one already made.  I am going to be using Creative Reproductions 2 to scale products to wire mine.  Carl Sandberg is the owner and he is very helpful.  I know he has wired a lot of houses, and he might have wired this one before.  You may inquire with him if he would draw you out a diagram for a fee.  I took his class at the Dallas show.  He has a great wiring handbook you can buy.  I plan to start wiring mine in a month or two.  I have already wired 4 houses, so I feel like I can create my own wiring scheme.  If you want to discuss this further you can personal message me.

Here is link to his website.

https://cr2s.com/store/

• Like 2

On 12/31/2018, 12:52:10, 1martinimomma said:

I have a Rosedawn, too.  You will have to create your own wiring diagram, I don't think there is one already made.  I am going to be using Creative Reproductions 2 to scale products to wire mine.  Carl Sandberg is the owner and he is very helpful.  I know he has wired a lot of houses, and he might have wired this one before.  You may inquire with him if he would draw you out a diagram for a fee.  I took his class at the Dallas show.  He has a great wiring handbook you can buy.  I plan to start wiring mine in a month or two.  I have already wired 4 houses, so I feel like I can create my own wiring scheme.  If you want to discuss this further you can personal message me.

I was afraid there may not be an existing plan simply because each house is unique base on how it is decorated.  But your advice is greatly appreciated.  As this is my 1st build and I am simply using pictures of the Rosedawn to build it, I need all the help I can get!

On 12/31/2018, 12:26:26, Sable said:

Please watch this to give you great ideas on how to properly use tapewire:

https://www.dollhousestrainsandmore.com/pages/how-to-videos

This method used a floor delivery system rather than a wall layout. It’s much easier to troubleshoot under a removable floor than behind wallpaper.

Thanks Sable this is very helpful. 

On 12/31/2018, 12:52:10, 1martinimomma said:

Sorry meant to ask if you built your Rosedawn or bought it.  If you built it, I would love to have a chat when you have some time.

I have never wired before either, but just finished tape wiring using Creatve Reproductions 2 scale. I bought their kit that came with everything needed & watched the video that was noted by Sable. I watched it several times before starting. I was surprised by how fast it went. I was also pleasantly surprised that each connection worked when tested! :) 

• Like 1