Dollarama has mini flower punches

Inge

I bought mini punches at Dollarama for about $1.25cad each to make flowers. They are 3/8" in size. For cheap punches I was surprised how many flowers I got, but just in case,|I did buy two sets of each. For short flowers I used stick pins that had the tiny colored balls, not the regular sized one. For longer stems I used green Christmas tree ornament hangers and colored beads.  All flowers and leaves were punched out of light quality cardstock, not too stiff,  or it won't punch. I sprayed two coats of varnish on both sides to prevent color from fading. 

I just thought if anyone liked these they might want to buy the punches before they are gone. Amazing how many you can make when you find lots and lots and lots of movies to "watch"

005.JPG

007.JPG

A great way to make them into roses and other curled flowers is to use an embossing stylus tool.I have the wooden set in the attached. It makes the process of making each flower a lot longer as you have to dimple each petal, but it’s worth it.

https://www.amazon.com/Embossing-Modeling-Ceramics-Sculpting-Multifunction/dp/B07J4TWLDN

• Like 1

Kathie, I didn't know that, but yes, looks like Dollarama is a Canadian chain. We have Dollarama (everything under $4.00), Dollar Tree (everything $1.25) or The Dollar Store which is expensive. Only Dollarama carried the punches.

Hey Sable, sorry the pictures aren't very good. Yes, I used the stylus to curve the petals and the leaves but they don't show very well in the pictures. I also used two flowers per stem.

In the US our $Tree stores price everything at just $IUSD; I guess it's  the exchange rate.  When we were in Canada (Good Lord, over 14 years ago!) we hit both Dollarama and The Dollar Store; the latter seemed comparable to our Dollar General and Family Dollar stores.

• Like 1