Winchester

jrchob

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/01/2019, 5:23:17, Shareb said:

So is this a kit of the Winchester house or a kit you're going to turn into the Winchester house?  I'm assuming by the name that it is THE Winchester house??  This is going to be a huge project!  Will be following along for sure!

Are you thinking the Sarah Winchester house of over 100 rooms? How amazing (and enormous!) would that be! :drool2:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HollyhockCottage said:

Are you thinking the Sarah Winchester house of over 100 rooms? How amazing (and enormous!) would that be! :drool2:

Wouldn't it!!  It could be done in a series of box rooms that then get put together.  Would be huge though!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I decided not to use the yellow wall paper. Did not work with the open area by both sets of stairs. I have painted the interior wall of both floors Revere Pewter. The main floor room is all Revere Pewter. The second floor other two walls I papered a soft grey pattern. 

5cdc59fd5259a_Closeup(2).JPG.3fa585675afEntry.JPG.3ccdf5ec9c50832cd5aab70793d8b85cdc5a1f70f97_Entry2.JPG.5d076dbc64f0604

• Like 5

On 5/16/2019, 11:51:59, Qubanqtee said:

Janet, that is stunning!!!! are the stairs mini mundus?

They are Lawbre stairs and came with the components. I have to finish the landing railing.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

where did you find the kitchen wall tile

Thanks!! I got this on e bay. It is a laminated paper by World and Market. The top half of the kitchen actually is a brighter yellow to go with the yellows in the tile..

• 1 month later...

Lately I seem to do more looking and staring than actual working! I finished papering and flooring the sewing room. The floor I white washed. I managed to put the mangle in the kitchen back together and so far nothing has fallen off. It is from the Phoenic Model Development mangle kit.

5d4d91ca34bc9_sewingroom.JPG.27e936112d0Kitchen2.JPG.bf97420bfa5c78dd3add3f8875b5d4d920979995_GovernessRoom.JPG.fa89c747Entry2.JPG.1066dddd3534c211c777a607c37f2

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

Nice job!  I like all the rooms, but the kitchen is probably my favorite.

Me too! I am just getting the basic rooms done and then will decorate add things as I go along. So I have 5 down, eight to go!!