Winchester

jrchob

Have been working on the porch area. Stained doors. put in the floor and added some trim. I am having a hard time understanding the directions ( I seem to need a little more direction!) so I decided to do the best I can by the directions and looking at pictures enlarged.

P1030314.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kells said:

It looks great! Nice staining job on those doors. I love those brackets. The ones that came with my Barstow Belle are much plainer.

That surprises me. I thought they were basically the same house except for the top configuration.

BarstowBelle.jpg

• 1 month later...

Been working on the study. Much yet to do. Single doors for house coming tomorrow so will do trims when door is installed. It keeps telling me my pictures are too big so here is the link to the album.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=8325

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased the Winchester from Lawbre many years ago when my daughter was in high school, she is 33 now.  The exterior was finished, but the interior is unfinished.  I read through your posts and enjoyed it very much.  I have been inspired to maybe get to finishing the interior.
could you please let me know how to close the side panels, I use painters tape.  Thank you. Stephanie

image.jpg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, pake4pls said:

I have been inspired to maybe get to finishing the interior.
could you please let me know how to close the side panels, I use painters tape.  Thank you. Stephanie

Hi Stephanie, the front or side closing houses Ive made have been an easy fix to this - I use cabinet magnets or push locks - the kind that are for kitchen cabinets - here's a link to some different finishes https://www.homedepot.com/b/Hardware-Cabinet-Hardware-Cabinet-Latches/Magnetic/N-5yc1vZc274Z1z1750k  I install these after Ive finished doing the interiors right when I get to crown molding - they are super easy to install.  You can also use a cabinet roller latch - here's a link https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-Double-Roller-Catch-with-Spear-Zinc-Plated-1-Pack-9235976/303007532 - Ive also used these for heavy doors and they are a little more secure and dont ever just pop open lol.

Hope that helps and Im looking forward to seeing what you do to finish your house - it's beautiful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pake4pls said:

I purchased the Winchester from Lawbre many years ago when my daughter was in high school, she is 33 now.  The exterior was finished, but the interior is unfinished.  I read through your posts and enjoyed it very much.  I have been inspired to maybe get to finishing the interior.

image.jpg

I am so happy to see another Winchester!!  It is beautiful. Mine came with a tiny wood dowel and magnet for closing. Some of the tiny dowels broke so I bought stronger magnets to install, possibly one at top and one at the bottom. Does yours have anything on the inside door?

• 3 months later...

What a beautiful job you are doing on the Winchester!

I am currently finishing up the outside of my Barstow Belle- and really struggling with the instructions for the porch as well. I have scoured the internet for an official picture of how the company finished the porch but cannot come up with a single clue. (If anyone out the has a Lawbre painted lady finished by the company and would be so kind as to take some close up photos of the porch area it would be so appreciated!)

Otherwise, I am winging it like you. Good luck with it & I hope you are enjoying it.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019, 4:32:21, pake4pls said:

image.jpg

On 10/14/2019, 4:31:38, pake4pls said:

Nothing was installed on the inside doors.  The house shipped taped shut.

I am going to have to figure this out also. I did get a stronger magnet. The is also a small wooden dowel at the top of the door that fits into the house. You did a beautiful job of finishing the exterior. I did not see your post back in Oct. So sorry.

My work proceeds at a snails pace!

1 hour ago, Mini Loving A said:

What a beautiful job you are doing on the Winchester!

I am currently finishing up the outside of my Barstow Belle- and really struggling with the instructions for the porch as well. I have scoured the internet for an official picture of how the company finished the porch but cannot come up with a single clue. (If anyone out the has a Lawbre painted lady finished by the company and would be so kind as to take some close up photos of the porch area it would be so appreciated!)

Otherwise, I am winging it like you. Good luck with it & I hope you are enjoying it.

I can't find pictures either.

Hopefully my work will speed up a bit. Working mainly on the interior. I just purchases a table on wheels that can hold 250#. Will make it so much easier to work on. In a way I find it challenging to figure things out!

No doubt it'll be best if you have something hidden which holds the side closed but just thought I'd mention that for my Apothecary I bought an ornate clasp that held the front side closed and looked good.  Loving the houses - they are looking amazing!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...