Winchester

43 posts in this topic

5ca12a80b5f32_Sidetrim.JPG.87f30615582955ca12a92bd7ea_Trimwork.JPG.3ce207b9cc1c8

Have been busy with trim work. I am pretty sure I will deviate from instructions as I go along.

1 person likes this

On 10/01/2019, 5:23:17, Shareb said:

So is this a kit of the Winchester house or a kit you're going to turn into the Winchester house?  I'm assuming by the name that it is THE Winchester house??  This is going to be a huge project!  Will be following along for sure!

Are you thinking the Sarah Winchester house of over 100 rooms? How amazing (and enormous!) would that be! :drool2:

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, HollyhockCottage said:

Are you thinking the Sarah Winchester house of over 100 rooms? How amazing (and enormous!) would that be! :drool2:

Wouldn't it!!  It could be done in a series of box rooms that then get put together.  Would be huge though!

1 person likes this

.5cb8f1adb3960_1stand2nd(2).JPG.dc7ffc4c05cb8f1c5ecc4c_1stFloorStairs(2).JPG.ddf7

5cb8f1e6b37f4_Flooringandpaper(2).JPG.f5

1st and 2nd floor staircases completed. Flooring and paper for entry room. (the front door is behind wallpaper)

Your stairs are very elegant looking.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

I'd kill for those stairs!

They came with the component package!

I decided not to use the yellow wall paper. Did not work with the open area by both sets of stairs. I have painted the interior wall of both floors Revere Pewter. The main floor room is all Revere Pewter. The second floor other two walls I papered a soft grey pattern. 

5cdc59fd5259a_Closeup(2).JPG.3fa585675afEntry.JPG.3ccdf5ec9c50832cd5aab70793d8b85cdc5a1f70f97_Entry2.JPG.5d076dbc64f0604

3 people like this

Those wall treatments are striking.  This is going to be one elegant looking house. 

1 person likes this

How elegant!

1 person likes this

Janet, that is stunning!!!! are the stairs mini mundus?  I have those stairs in a mini mundus kit and I love them!

1 person likes this

I think those staircases are the fancy Lawbre ones specially made for that house.

1 person likes this

On 5/16/2019, 11:51:59, Qubanqtee said:

Janet, that is stunning!!!! are the stairs mini mundus?

They are Lawbre stairs and came with the components. I have to finish the landing railing.

1 person likes this

truly beautiful

1 person likes this

Some interior progress:Kitchen, entry and Game room.Kitchen.JPG.8f11940ae7a06e9575e430256e42Entry.JPG.baab2705d8dcc36baf440b3a54defb5d08eb1f59e5a_GameRoom1.JPG.b4aefaf8d5fc

Janet, where did you find the kitchen wall tile?  It's magnificent!

47 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

where did you find the kitchen wall tile

Thanks!! I got this on e bay. It is a laminated paper by World and Market. The top half of the kitchen actually is a brighter yellow to go with the yellows in the tile..