Hi from Upstate New York

10 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone!

Hubby/Santa gave me a Glencroft kit for Christmas.  After lurking here for a few months, decided it was time to join this community  as I begin my first dollhouse build adventure! Last winter, I returned (after 35 years!) to the miniature hobby, but eased in with roomboxes and built six (totalling eight rooms) over the last year.  

Excited to dive into this next level -- a little intimidated, but taking it one step at a time (and reading each step in the directions about 100 times LOL.

Looking forward to learning from you all.

Marcia

1 person likes this

Welcome to the little family, Marcia.  The Glencroft was the first house that spoke to me in strident tones and volume to tell me what it did and did not want.

Hi Marcia!  I have the Glencroft too, in a box, in a closet on my list of houses to do hahahaha - Im looking forward to making it when the time comes.  You'll find lots of helpful people with loads of information and suggestions.  Just remember to do what works for you.  Looking forward to seeing your work as you progress!

Hi Holly and Susie!

Thanks for the welcome.  I'm just getting started with the dry fit, so we'll see how the adventure unfolds.  So far, my little house has changed her mind several times about what she thinks she wants to be....LOL

Mine was very definite about wanting to become a village pub.

Hi, Maya.  It's perfectly OK to post your very own introduction here.

Hello!

I also live in up-state NY in Dutchess county. I have never made a Dollhouse but I want to try.