Adams House Ideas

Missy A

Hi Everyone!

As life usually does, I've been distracted and haven't built in a while. I'm starting my Adams kit this week. Does anyone have any advice on how to add some extra space to the house?

I though about purchasing another Adams kit but then the house would be much bigger than I wanted. As always I appreciate any suggestions!

Thank you!!

Missy 

Do you want to add space to the single room or add a room above it? If the latter, you could cut the side walls at the point where the porch roof attaches and add a spacer to increase the attic height.

Well - it's a small house, but you can add dormers and glass in the porch for a tiny conservatory, or add a small sunroom off to the side via french doors - for tiny houses with a lot of bang for the space, here is a nice site for ideas (especially her cute dormers and roof additions): 

http://www.cinderellamoments.com/2018/09/

_MG_0190%2B%25282%2529.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KathieB said:

Do you want to add space to the single room or add a room above it? If the latter, you could cut the side walls at the point where the porch roof attaches and add a spacer to increase the attic height.

I think I'd like to add a room beside, but that is a good idea! Thank you!

21 hours ago, KathieB said:

17 hours ago, havanaholly said:

21 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Well - it's a small house, but you can add dormers and glass in the porch for a tiny conservatory, or add a small sunroom off to the side via french doors - for tiny houses with a lot of bang for the space, here is a nice site for ideas (especially her cute dormers and roof additions): 

http://www.cinderellamoments.com/2018/09/

_MG_0190%2B%25282%2529.jpg

I love the idea of a glass porch, thank you! 

21 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

I think that roof is shouting for a creative dormer - but who knows. But that side window could easily be french doors leading into something cute and small and chic. What style are you going with? 

I like the french door idea! It is going to be a Christmas Cottage :) 

med_gallery_818_706_7769.jpg