Flooring Question

TamaraLynn

I'm so impressed with the talent and ideas I have found in this group! My focus is on the stairway and foyer in the Beacon Hill house.  I have my flooring stained....and I'm trying to decide on the lighting. I am struggling with having to have a plan so early in the build! I'm not sure what will happen in each room. Lol I barely have a grasp on the foyer. :)

I will start sharing photos when I get just a bit further along.

On 1/19/2019, 10:59:13, havanaholly said:

Tamara, if your Beacon Hill starts talking to you, listen to it and do what it wants.

She is definitely talking to me.....I can see somethings right now....but it isn't a fully clear picture. Haha. I'm enjoying the process and not letting myself get impatient. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019, 4:35:11, Sable said:

Perfect timing. I finished my wood floors today. I use basswood strip boards. I glue them down. Sand them with my mouse sander so they are perfectly even and smooth. Remove all dust. Then stain them. Dry well. Polish with a paper towel and wipe away any dust. Then apply a satin polyurethane finish. Dry well. Lightly sand them with a piece of 220 grit sandpaper, remove any dust, then put on a second coat of polyurethane. 

Note: when applying polyurethane use a small 1 inch brush, only go over each swipe once. Avoid repeated swipes. 

0C9C12BE-79C0-47C3-BAF8-46F5B0ED8AE6.jpeg

Getting ready to poly floors and stairway today! Thank you everyone for your help. I am incredible slow with progress (due to health issues) but I'm so happy with what I'm seeing. I Will share pictures when I'm done.