trying to find a dollhouse crafting book from the 1970s

MaryKate

Calling all dollhouse detectives...

I'm trying to track down at the very least a title and maybe a photo or two of a book I had when I was a girl. Some of its pages were heavy, and I think slightly textured, paper on which were printed pieces you could cut out and fold and paste to make dollhouse furniture. I remember the prints being red, white, and black, with lots of polka dots and stripes; it was all very 70s/colonial in style.

The thing is, I think I saw it online recently, probably on a late-night deep dive on Ebay or something close to that, and I should have taken a screen shot or just bought it...I have tried searching a bunch of different word salad combos on Google, Alibris, and Ebay but I haven't seen it yet. Just wondering if anyone here remembers it and can help me figure out the title. It's more curiosity than anything else at this point.

Ahaha I love how the universe works. As soon as I posted this, I went back to Ebay again and found it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1974-DOLLHOUSE-FURNITURE-TO-MAKE-FROM-PRINTED-HEAVY-PAPER-BOOK/183612133920?hash=item2ac022d220:g:6hwAAOSw~SlbCgYF

Of course, "Doll House Book" is such a unique, searchable term... ;)

• Like 2

Hi Shannon--I don't know if I'll get to it right away, but I would love to do something with the pieces eventually. I will certainly post pictures of the book once I receive it. I'm trying to remember what I ever did with the pieces I made from the copy I had back in grade school.  Maybe holding it in my hand will spark some memories.

• Like 1