After 30 years....I finally find them!

Qubanqtee

I am 55, as a child I remember going to eat at a restaurant (which was rare to start out with) and in the same center as that restaurant was a Dollhouse store, my Dad would always take me, it was quietly understood that this hobby was nothing we could afford, but I fell in love anyway and longed for the day I could do this. When I was 24 and in the US Navy, I passed by a dollhouse store in Connecticut, I went in and after saving a little while, I was able to purchase the vanity in the photo. The porcelain dolls are the first ones I ever made, around the same time. I thought these had been lost...since I moved from Connecticut in 1988, I've moved more than 20 times...mostly military moves....today, as I rummaged though some of my Mom's belongings (she passed 3 years ago, I came across a box...a small white one and I instantly knew what was inside. I know that only peeps like you would understand how happy my heart is.

IMG_7981.jpg

IMG_7978.jpg

IMG_7979.jpg

• Like 9

thank you all - it's been quite heartwarming to find them after all these years.  I will find a place of honor, most likely in the ACP Queen Anne I have yet to rehab.  In the meantime, on a shelf where I can enjoy them until their home is ready.

• Like 1

@Mineejv well, last night when I found it, I was certain it was a teeny picture of my brother .....then today I looked at it again and put my glasses on and realized that it's David Cassidy from The Partridge Family hahahahahaahaha....I don't remember putting that picture in there!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Qubanqtee said:

David Cassidy from The Partridge Family hahahahahaahaha....I don't remember putting that picture in there!

So sad when we forget our first true loves ... *sigh* I'm sure David will be heartbroken when he read this. 

13 hours ago, KathieB said:

So sad when we forget our first true loves ... *sigh* I'm sure David will be heartbroken when he read this. 

Since he passed away a year ago November, probably not.  Susie, I love your dolls!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...