Off to get wood

Ken

I hope so soon I'm running in the dark right now, What amazes me most of my builds I start out with a Kit, and seldom use much if any of it. Guess it's for inspiration yea that's it.

Back did our walk then over to Lowes picked up 2 - 2x4 1/2" Birch ply for the base and downstairs walls. 1- 1/4" 2x4 Ply. just in case. Some poplar for the skirting under the base, and another 2'x4' building table. Time to start after the wife makes us some Mexican grilled cheese, then I'll need to rest then start or maybe tomorrow. hahahaha..

'

Will be cutting dado's for the down stair walls today. In the meantime designing the front room window , with 9' walls this will be pretty big I really like this design, next step poster board to cut out all the individual parts, will be using plexi glass for the windows, will be building all windows and doors. I just read this and sounds like I'm building it out of poster board nope it will be wood, poster board is just a design step hahaha

20190124_070734.jpg

20190124_072117.jpg

9" but I talk in building terms hahahaha. This I think will be an upgraded farm house , more modern stuff, subject to change as I go along. I have a few ideas for some of the windows something a little different. There will not be any walls downstairs beams across the ceiling. On the order of the last one I built. Again subject to change lol  This will not resemble a Westville when done.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Holly - well I have two types here leftover from another DH build, one type is Plasti - Kote I think I picked that up at Home Depot, the other I ordered on line and I am pretty sure it's Lexan. It all works fine , Some time I use the thicker stuff to heat up and mold into bay windows or for railings. I would be honored to have you as a Granddaughter to add to the other 15 and 8 Great grand. No wonder I'm broke. lol