White washed flooring

Mineejv

I’ve done a few white (gray) washed floors...  I would like to use some beeswax on my floors instead of varnishing them.  I’m just not sure how that will hold up over time. I did the porch in the wash too,so thats likely to get touched more than the floors inside. Who has done some washes on the floors and what did you use or not use??

I didn't use a wash on floors, but I did use a green wash on the Laurel rehab's shingles.  I simply tinted a small amount of green interior latex paint with tint touches of acrylic color (blue, I think) and then diluted it to the consistency of dirty brush rinse water:

med_gallery_8_1103_129655.jpg

I didn't seal it.

I'm not sure these posts are as in depth as you are after, but you might find some helpful info just the same:

In this one I whitewashed flooring.

http://my-miniaturemadness.blogspot.com/2016/04/ready-to-work-or-is-it-play.html

005%2BIMG_7157.JPG

In this one I whitewashed "reclaimed" barn wood for walls.

http://my-miniaturemadness.blogspot.com/2017/12/a-lighting-dilemma.html

IMG_6636.JPG

In this one I did furniture and accessories:

http://my-miniaturemadness.blogspot.com/2017/10/inspiration-project-ta-done.html

IMG_6234.JPG

The nice thing is that if you go too far you can always sand them back!

Good luck!

Jodi

Carrie:   Thanks for that site. I wouldn’t of though to stain darker first, I’m going to try that next time. It didn’t say if they used a finish on it or not.....

Jodi:  After looking at your blog for an hour or more...... I forgot why I was looking in the first place..... All is amazing.

Holly: I think it looks pretty too.

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Oh, well done!  I'm no fan of shabby chic, but that turned out downright pretty!

Thanks Holly! I follow a Finnish farm style interior designer on Instagram, and when she posted the photo of her real life set I knew I had what I needed in my stash to recreate it in miniature. It was a super fun distraction!

2 hours ago, Mineejv said:

Jodi:  After looking at your blog for an hour or more...... I forgot why I was looking in the first place..... All is amazing.

Thanks Joanne! I am sorry to have sidetracked you, but I'm glad you enjoyed your visit! :cheezy: