Anyone ever use the latex flooring sheets?

jbnmini

I seem to have 2 sheets of  "brick" latex flooring in my stash. I am considering doing a brick floor in the Newport laundry/mud room, but the color of the sheet is a bit darker than I would like.  So has anyone ever used these sheets- and can they be painted?  And what kind of glue to glue it down? 

latex brick flooring.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I would leave it the color it is and plan the room's colors around it; since it's a laundry room I'd go with light walls and white trims, cupboards and appliances.

That's what I kinda thought I would have to do.  I will see what the client thinks of the color...

The sheets are kinda neat. If I don't use them here, I might have to design a project around 'em. 

@ havanaholly : Thanks Holly....but gee, not spending that much on one little application.  Hmmm.....the simple weight of it might just be enough. I am planning on having all of the floors glued to cardstock so that they can easily be removed to get to the wiring.  

I used latex brick sheets (in half scale) for the exterior of my Victoriana bash.  There were the regular running bond pattern and have black mortar lines.  I used E6000 glue on them and they have held up perfect.  Especially considering they are on a vertical surface.  I think this would work on the cardstock  and weighing them down while drying.

@Mid-life madness Carrie, I don't recall if I bought them, or they were part of the stash that came with one of my rehab house purchases!  LOL  I may have to take a little corner and do some test painting....will post my results.

@madtex1967  Thanks Matt. I generally hate E6000, but will give it a go with this.  :) 

• Like 1