Thresholds

TamaraLynn

I have noticed that some of my floors are thicker than others. What have you done with the thresholds when the 2 varying heights meet? 

Specifically, I am working on the foyer in my Beacon Hill. That floor will be thicker than what I'm using in the room to the left (kitchen). I will end up sanding the bottom of the door....but that project is for another day. I am looking for a smooth transition from one room into another. Any ideas?

Hi Tamara,

Thresholds always bother me in dollhouses, too. In real houses, we have even floors from one room to the next and don't need to step over them. In some of my projects, I removed them altogether. Here's a post that might help you or spawn some ideas on how you can address them in your Beacon Hill.

http://my-miniaturemadness.blogspot.com/search?q=threshold

Good luck!

• Like 1

My marble bath floor is 1/4” higher than the bedroom wood floor. So I have a step under the door from the bathroom to the bedroom. My real challenge was figuring out the front trim to hide the height difference along the opening of the house.  I accomplished that yesterday. I’ll try to include a photo later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, My Miniature Madness said:

Hi Tamara,

Thresholds always bother me in dollhouses, too. In real houses, we have even floors from one room to the next and don't need to step over them. In some of my projects, I removed them altogether. Here's a post that might help you or spawn some ideas on how you can address them in your Beacon Hill.

http://my-miniaturemadness.blogspot.com/search?q=threshold

Good luck!

Thank you! This is great with having text and photos.....definitely my learning style. :)

• Like 1