Just started

Cynderellie

My name is Cyndi - a late thirties, Momma of two, English teacher, living in West Virginia, USA.  I have recently begun my first build - a Franklin classic Victorian farmhouse made by Whitney in 1983.  I have a love of toys, a good foundation in basic power tools, and a live-in Mother who reminded me that my favorite thing to do as a child was set up my Barbie or My Little Pony's houses and then not actually play with the dolls.  As my children continue to grow up (despite my attempts at keeping them little - ha!), I decided to repurpose a large outbuilding into a studio.  Long before children, I fancied myself a scrapbooker and have tons of supplies for that and other paper crafts.  Once I got everything set up and organized I found that the idea of scrapbooking didn't interest and inspire me like it once had.  

In November, 2018, I purchased a one-room kit from Amazon (Flever creative room) and fell in love.  Soon I had Pinterest boards full of beautiful dollhouse inspiration and a queue of 20+ videos of how-to's on YouTube.  My love for abandoned places and architecture mixed so easily into this hobby that I quickly found myself exploring eBay for a cheap put-together dollhouse that wouldn't break the bank should I destroy it accidentally.  As fate would have it someone was selling a Franklin by Whitney New, In Box for dirt cheap (even with shipping!).  I saw this as providence and bought it.  Together this house (affectionately referred to as simply Whitney for the time being) and I have spent many hours together sanding, labeling, and assembling.  I have just about completed the assembly of the interior and will be sanding and gluing the outer walls this weekend.

Your posts and pictures are inspiring!!  I’m anxious to get to each step of this process because I love it.  Even the frustration of wiring (GAH!!) has been fun and I just love it

Welcome to the forum, Cyndi. We look forward to watching your progress. Take a lot of photos. You will want to refer to them later to figure out just what you did. And when you have made 5 posts, you can open an album in the Gallery to share the photos. We love eye candy. :)