Double working windows-need help

jrchob

I'm taking this out of Winchester post as I need to really reach out for help. In my last post a said I was going to make these non working but that didn't seem right. I contacted Lawbre to see about a replacement for the one I totally messed up. Eventually it was in pieces from too much "manipulating".

These windows do have removeable panes. Where do I start? With one pane at a time?, the top sections at a time?, the right side first? Should I paint without removing panes? I will need to paint both sides.

Here is a photo of the window. I am a very 1-2-3 person. I thank you and my house will thank you!!5c5470d6c186e_doublehung.jpg.6ab01ded306

Definitely remove the panes. Probably the window frames too if they are removable. Then I would use double sided tape to attach them to card, take them outside and spray paint a primer colour on. Let dry, flip over and do the other side. That way when it comes time to paint your finish colour you will only need a thin coat which will give you a better finish. 

6 hours ago, jrchob said:

I did hear from Teri at Lawbre. The sashes are removable.There is a delicate spring on the sash

Wonder if there are any written instructions with pictures. 

Hopefully someone here has experience with these windows. 

3 hours ago, miniaddicted said:

Wonder if there are any written instructions with pictures. 

Hopefully someone here has experience with these windows. 

Teri wrote how to remove. I am just going to take it very slowly. I can also remove the panes. In the photo on the right side of the sash you can see the small spring

.Painting.jpg.bd014ab1b225ce5859c248c3f01

5 hours ago, jrchob said:

Teri wrote how to remove. I am just going to take it very slowly. I can also remove the panes. In the photo on the right side of the sash you can see the small spring

.Painting.jpg.bd014ab1b225ce5859c248c3f01

I’ve not used working windows with plexiglass in them. It looks like there is plastic film to protect the “glass” from scratches, is that correct?