Dollhouse Disaster

Khadi

One of my favorite dollhouses fell victim to the cold last night.  I woke up at 3:45 this morning to a loud crash in my basement.  The top shelf of my bookcase had collapsed sending all of my heavy photo albums down onto my Tudor kitchen knocking it to the floor and breaking it to pieces.  I think the shelf had contracted due the cold in my basement causing it to fall off the pins.  Fortunately, the house can be repaired after I remove the old glue, but it was quite a mess to clean up and not what I wanted to be doing in the wee hours of the morning.  This picture is after the big cleanup.  Kitty Number Two was inspecting the damage.  I think the kitties were surprised to see such a disaster that was not of their making.

20190202_130944.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your "sympathy".  Ironically, hot glue probably saved the day in this case.  I had forgotten that I had glued the roof on with hot glue when I was moving to protect it- the goal being that I would later remove the hot glue and replace it with better glue.  The roof broke apart on the hot glue seams probably preventing it from breaking elsewhere.

• Like 1