So this electricity...

Cynderellie

Hi all! I am new to this community and absolutely thrilled to be a new member of the world of miniatures. I’ve started with a Franklin by Radmark (1983) and have found such love with every step of this process. I’m still in the early stages but the bug has bitten!

That being said, I am about to lose my hair over installing electricity. I purchased a Cir-Kit tapeset, read every line of the directions, watched YouTube videos and I’ve read the blogs. 

And it’s still so frustrating!!! I had the first floor working perfectly...and then I moved the dollhouse to it’s now permanent place. ☹️☹️

Now only one room is working. I can’t figure out what’s happened. Something must have come loose, but I’ve replaced the brads, then ripped out the non-working pieces and still...ugh!

Any advice? Should I give up on tape and use wire?

Welcome Cyndi!

I feel your pain.....Check the Junction splice.  

9 times out of 10 it is that little bugger. Try to reposition it on the tape wire.  Then if that is not it, go back to what you were last working on.

I hope that helps

18 minutes ago, Cynderellie said:

I am about to lose my hair over installing electricity

I am thinking about selling wigs at miniature shows, because I have lost  more hair doing electrical than any other mini thing.

~~~~Good Luck~~~

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sable said:

NEVER use Brads! Use Eyelets preferably the large ones. Make sure the top layer of cellophane has not been pushed into the hole impeding the copper connections.

Ok I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who just hated those brads. They come loose so easily - even if I tape them down with painters tape. 

1 hour ago, Mid-life madness said:

Welcome Cyndi!

I feel your pain.....Check the Junction splice.  

9 times out of 10 it is that little bugger. Try to reposition it on the tape wire.  Then if that is not it, go back to what you were last working on.

I hope that helps

I am thinking about selling wigs at miniature shows, because I have lost  more hair doing electrical than any other mini thing.

~~~~Good Luck~~~

Oh!! I had not even THOUGHT about the junction splice! Thank you!

10 hours ago, Cynderellie said:

Now only one room is working.

8 hours ago, Cynderellie said:

Oh!! I had not even THOUGHT about the junction splice! Thank you!

If one room is working, it isn't the junction splice. If it were the junction splice, there would be no lights working.