Issue with fitting front porch on the Buttercup

This is my first ever build - I just got the laser cut half size Buttercup yesterday. I thought I would try a dry build of the first part to make sure I understood how the first pieces went together. And I still have to figure out where my hot glue gun is. The side pieces to the front porch don't fit. So far the other pieces are fine but neither side of the the porch does. Has any one else had this issue? The tabs along the sides line up but it's not matching at the top and bottom floor. I hope the pictures are clear.

IMG_9110.jpg

IMG_9109.jpg

Or use a good carpenters' wood glue like Titebond.  This is my first total rehab project that was originally built with hot glue; I had to prop it back together to take the "before" photos:

med_gallery_8_1103_172797.jpgthe interior:  before

You can see what a heat gun, wood glue & I did to it here:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=1103

4 hours ago, Alittlebird said:

The side pieces to the front porch don't fit

It looks like you need to either enlarge the slot hole or reduce the tab. If there is a gap after you have done this, you can use a wood putty to fill the gap. An emery board works well to enlarge the slot.

I wondered about hot glue although that’s what it says to use. The tabs align but the piece doesn’t want to fit flush in the corner where it meets the front wall. It’s as if there should be a gap in that corner after the front wall is installed so the porch pieces would slide in. The whole piece is actually too wide for the space by the measurement of the thickness of the wood. 

Thank you everyone. I was surprised to find I had emery boards in the bathroom - who knew. Instead of getting ready for work I am sanding down the pieces to make them fit. I really need to stop though.

I also ordered some Aleene's Tacky glue from Amazon this morning. As it is going to rain all weekend - I am waiting on the first storm of the day to pass so I can get on my bike and head off to work - I decided I didn't feel like bicycling over to Joann's to get some. I will have it Friday and be able to start gluing after I put the primer on the inside. Of course it is a busy weekend and I won't have as much time to play as I would like. :)

Anne, even though those instructions were originally written many years ago, when hot glue was a better, stronger product than what's available in craft stores today there were still those great glue globs (I still get glue globs using wood glue when I get in The Zone & don't mop up after myself) and I once watched a beautiful big hot glue-built dollhouse fall apart over three years in a realtor's window in Sylvester, GA.

3 hours ago, Alittlebird said:

Unfortunately the project manager turned up.

Ah, I have a tortoise shell calico cat as well. They could be sisters......

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=127848