Made a mistake... (Victoria's Farmhouse)

Lindzbinz

Hi there! I’m building a Victoria’s Farmhouse. Bought it about a month ago and have never built a dollhouse before. I thought I was pretty good at reading/following directions but I’ve already made a mistake :doh: 

The foundation is supposed to be glued to the base flush with back and the right side. I got mixed up with the right/left and glued it flush with the back and left side. Should I just leave it or will it interfere with building later down the road?

Thanks for any help you can give!

In gluing the base flush with the back and left side, you end up with the 1/4" overhang on the wrong side. Having it overhang on the right side instead of left will affect how the house is constructed. The gable left side needs the flush surface. What kind of glue did you use? Have you tried softening the glue with a hair drier?

Here is a good web site for help in constructing.   gr123.powweb.com/DollhouseWorkshop/1065.html

One of my favorite houses!!

I used Aleene’s Tacky glue. I will try a hairdryer and see if it loosens it. I also have a heat gun if that would work better?

Thank you for replying and that website is so helpful and will be such a godsend!

Thank you havanaholly! I did give the hairdryer a try first and it worked!! I feel so relieved! There was some damage but nothing that can’t be fixed :D

Edited by Lindzbinz
  • Like 2