Victoria's Farmhouse - Michigan

Sasha

So, I had a blast assembling my first dollhouse. It's the RGT Victoria's Farmhouse (MDF) I'm a bit peeved that it isn't "perfect" because at the end I wound up with some electrical issues (and had to remove the flooring in 2 rooms). Unfortunately, I have an emergency medical expense, and so I need to just sell the house as is and move on. With everything going on personally, I just won't be able to focus on it anytime soon.

As I said, this is my first build. I read all the tips and suggestions from you all. No hot glue anywhere. The house is sturdy. It is electrified, although, I did screw up and 2 of my lights (and the side porch) don't come on. The lights work everywhere else, though. All the rooms have wallpaper and trim on all doors, floors, ceilings and windows. The staircases are upgraded staircases. I will even include the porcelain bathroom set as well as all the trim I have left.

I'm in Michigan about an hour and a half from Detroit, one hour from Flint. It's too big and heavy to ship, so it would need to be a local pickup. I have posted it locally to Craig's List, and I'm not looking to make a fortune on it. Thanks for looking!

dollhouse6.jpg

dollhouse1.jpg

dollhouse2.jpg

dollhouse3.jpg

dollhouse4.jpg

dollhouse5.jpg

dollhouse7.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

You did a beautiful first job, Sasha.  I hope your medical emergency passes without incident and you can get back to minis, because you have a gift.

Thank you! I really appreciate the kind words! I absolutely adored every minute working on it, even the frustrating things. For me, the detail work actually helps me relax because I have to zone out everything and focus. I have epilepsy, so for me, anything that can really relax me is great hehe I work from home, which can be stressful (I joke I'm on call 24/7) plus my husband and I do puppy rescue on the side. The last six months have just been a bit overwhelming on a lot of fronts, and my health suffered a bit. So, after taking a good look at the house today, I knew it was time to say it was time to move on, take a break and take care of myself :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I did wind up selling it this past weekend. Someone saw my post on CL and inquired about it. She drove from outside Chicago to pick it up. It made me feel good, though. Turns out she has MS and when she saw the dollhouse, she said it reminded her of the dollhouses she saw as a child and really wanted, but never had. It made me feel really good that it brought her such pleasure!

I'm looking forward to (hopefully) starting up again soon :-)

4 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Congratulations, and what a warm fuzzy that gives me!

Thanks! Yep, made me feel good. She was so sweet and gave me a huge hug and thanked me. She said she'd always had the cheap small dollhouses as a child, and when she saw mine it just filled her heart with warmth and excitement that she could finally have something she'd always wanted. I'll confess, it made me tear up. So, in my book it was a win-win!

• Like 2