Just saying hello

Thumbwick

Hi, my name is Margie. I've been interested in dollhouse miniatures for most of my life, since I got a dollhouse from my Grandpa when I was six. He built two dollhouses - one for me and one for my older sister - that year. They fit together to make one house, and had wheels built into the base to easily move them. We got them for Christmas with a houseful of plastic furniture that was popular in the 70s. As I got older, I replaced a lot of the furniture with nicer wood furniture that I bought with my allowance and baby-sitting money. The houses are still at my parents' house, and my sister's kids and now grandkids play with it when visiting.

I've spent the last 15 years putting together the Bellingham Farmhouse from a kit that my husband bought me for Christmas. It has been great fun, and a real learning experience. I also have a greater respect for my grandfather's woodworking talents, as he made my original house. As a hobby I make handmade dollhouse furniture, some of which I sell on my Etsy site: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Thumbwick

I can see that this forum could occupy a lot of my free time, as there is so much to read and share here. Free time is kind of rare, as I still have to work a 9 - 5 job to support my miniature hobby and pay the bills. I'm on vacation today, so I'll spend some time reading what this forum has to offer. 

Thanks for letting me introduce myself, and I look forward to seeing future posts and pictures.

I tried to add my own pictures, but no matter how small I resize them, they still seem to be too large. I'll have to work on that a bit more later. Right now, I have to go and shovel more snow - yuck.

Kind regards,

Margie

Welcome to the little family, Margie.  You have to make five posts before you can load your pictures into an album, but there is no bandwidth limit to the number of pictures you can load into albums in the Gallery.  I make my own furniture for my houses, but I make the pieces to fit the house I'm building.