Does anyone know anything about "Georgie the Miniature Lady"?

Thumbwick

I was wondering if anyone on this forum is familiar with someone who was called "Georgie the Miniature Lady". I bought a large lot of vintage miniature furniture and accessories on Ebay recently. The seller didn't know much history about them, except that they were from the collection of Georgie the Miniature Lady (she had her old business card), who had a miniature shop in the area of Camino, Calif. from the 1960's to the 1990's. She said she had passed away about 15 years ago. Many of the items are nicely handmade wooden furniture, and Georgie signed the bottoms of them. There were also several House of Miniature kit items assembled by her, some porcelain dolls, and my absolute favorite - a tiny, adorable, painted, die-cast, Shirley Temple doll with fiber hair and a cloth polka-dot dress, that stands just 1.5 inches high in a display case. I hand-picked many items for my own dollhouse (and future dollhouses), and listed some of her items to sell in my Etsy shop. I am going to keep the Shirley Temple doll too, but I'm really curious where it came from and when, and who made it. It seems to be something that may have been sold as a collector's piece, not mass-produced, but possibly as a limited number. I haven't found anything like it in any online searches I have done. I thought if anyone knew anything about Georgie, it may give me a clue as to its history.

ShirleyTempleDoll3.jpg.7d637ee3586bc0aa6

Thanks for any help,

Margie

Wow, they are precious. I just looked at some Ethel Hicks Angel Children selling on ebay - for much less than she should, in my opinion. The work that must go into making those is very impressive! The die cast was actually a guess, because I can see mold marks along the edges of the legs and arms, and thought I could see a grey metal color in one spot where the paint is missing. It could however be molded from a dark plastic material, and then painted with glossy enamel paint. I'm thinking that is more likely now. It's definitely not porcelain, as far as I can tell. Well, I know it isn't older than 1934, because that is the year the movie came out where she wears that red polka dot dress. Also, if she is plastic, I don't think molded plastic toys were really around until the 1950s.