I’m a newbie :-)

Horosinski

Hi all....I just wanted to introduce myself (I’m obviously new to the group).  I am rehabbing/kitbashing my daughter’s Dura-Craft Colonial dollhouse (1987).  My father was building it for my then 3 year old daughter (who is now 35!).  He passed away suddenly at the age of 65, never completing it.  My daughter did play with it, but it was undecorated, furnished with furniture my mother had made/found.

I recently retired and dragged it up from the basement....I’ve been “studying” it....  Now, with the support of this site I’m excited to begin!!!  I’ve been relaying to friends and family that I have a new obsession!!!!  I have a fine arts background and already have a vision as to its appearance but am not confident about the actual mechanics of the rehab.

The first thing I’ve done is to begin installation of a curved staircase....I’ve been chipping away enlarging the second floor opening to accommodate the curved railing.  I’m saddened that I am losing floor space (I already have too much dollhouse furniture.....I can see that there will be a second dollhouse - the Garfield perhaps? - in my future).  I’ve also sawn out the small pieces of wood that represented individual panes (working windows have been ordered).

Thank you in advance for your help (I had already posted a question about the curved staircase opening and received a wonderful reception with input),

Kathy

PS Sorry....I’ve been unable to attach photos due to the pixel sizes :-(....

I am now worried that this will not only be my new obsession, but will also my addiction!!!  All I do now is think in terms of 1:12 ....hahaha!  I am spending more time and money on the Dura-Craft than my own home :-).

Miniature needlepoint, miniature crocheted afghans, miniature flower making, miniature painting, and the crafting list goes on!!!!  I can see the need for a subdivision of dollhouses!

Edited by Horosinski

6 hours ago, Horosinski said:

I am now worried that this will not only be my new obsession, but will also my addiction!!!  All I do now is think in terms of 1:12 ....hahaha!  I am spending more time and money on the Dura-Craft than my own home :-).

Miniature needlepoint, miniature crocheted afghans, miniature flower making, miniature painting, and the crafting list goes on!!!!  I can see the need for a subdivision of dollhouses!

Uh, Kathleen, honey, it IS an addiction.  Just wait until you start building smaller scales.  The old polyester neckties with their wee woven designs make very nice furniture upholstery in 1:12:

finished interior:  livingroom

as well as 1:24 scale:

knowle settee.JPG