thrift store music box

shamrockgirl18

Found this Christmas music box decoration at Goodwill Buy the Pound today. It's plastic, but it looks nice.

It's begging to be transformed into a half scale dollhouse!

The outside already looks great.

I started by ripping out the cheap, resin figurines. You can see the plastic, knobby portions left behind sticking up. I will be re-doing the floors ASAP.

The music box mechanism still works, but the battery-operated lights do not work anymore.

It was too cute to just let it languish there.

music1.jpg

music2.jpg

music3.jpg

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I'll be interested to see what you do with the lumps where bits have broken off.

I just put new floors on top. It's cardboard with 'wood' contact paper on it. Once I fill the house with furniture and accessories the floors won't even be very visible

floors.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

NOW you're cookin'!

I was surprised at how easy the floors were. I'm not crazy about the wallpaper, but I don't think I'm going to re-do it. I just plan on filling the house with cute furniture and accessories, like a big Christmas tree and a fireplace, etc. I just need to find some nice-looking half-scale stuff

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Inge said:

Hey Erin! Sorry, just saw your post asking if I had pictures. My camera doesn't take the greatest pictures. It definitely looks better in person, but here you go!

HPIM1101.JPG

HPIM1102.JPG

Do you have any info on it? Someone who saw it at the store suggested it might be a Hallmark product, but I don't see any markings on it.

I asked my friend who had put it in her garage sale and she thought she bought it at Walmart or some other cheap store and that it wasn't expensive. If it was Hallmark surely they would have their name on it. Sorry I couldn't get you more info