Great Loss For A Small World

Soapz

Oh, no!  Do we know if his brother Ray is still with us?  Did either of them have children to carry on the work?  The Thorne rooms were nice, but what blew me away at the Chicago Art Institute were some of their dad Eugene's working drawings for furniture pieces.

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

In 2013 Henry Kupjack set up a Kickstarter fund to print a coffee table book. The fund failed, but the site remains and has a video of Henry and a ton of photos of rooms created by the family. See it here.

Had I heard of it before, I would have give it my support. Maybe there is still chance to do it with using the right channel to advertise the project and gain more support. I would be in.

Gosh that is so young!  Poor family.  Thanks for the link I have never heard of these men before - what amazing talant!!  

4 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Seeing their measured drawings is what inspired me to try making my own stuff, no matter how crude, because it'll never look like theirs, but it's MINE!

Love that Holly!!  Will remember this!!

Oh, no! 

You know, the tiny museum where I work had a Kupjack exhibit...decades ago, at least. I came across one of the booklets when were were cleaning out spaces and snagged it, because no one else wanted it. One of the facilities staff who's worked at the museum since the 70s said Henry actually came to the exhibit, and she thinks the museum owns a Kupjack room box and that it's in our storage building across the street. I don't have keys to that building or anything, but I've been meaning to have a talk with our curator to see if it's for real, and if it is, if I can get a peek at it. I'll have to step up my efforts on that front. 

• Like 1