Flower appliques on porcelain miniature bathtub - can they be removed?

Thumbwick

I was wondering if anyone had experience with trying to remove the flower appliques from a porcelain miniature bathroom set? If I got a set that had flowers on it, can they be removed without marring the finish? I can't tell from pictures if they are stickers, or if they are painted on and then sealed, but I personally don't like them. I suppose the other possibility is painting over them. Just wondering if anyone had ideas to share for "classing them up".

Thanks,

Margie

11 minutes ago, Thumbwick said:

remove the flower appliques from a porcelain miniature bathroom set

I am not familiar with a porcelain bathroom set having surface decorations that could be removed easily. If it is fired into the glaze, which is more likely, you won't be able to remove it without marring the surface. Photo?

Oh, I love how that turned out with the base painted with copper/gold paint! I was looking at a set on the Handley House site, and their pictures are never very good, so you can't really tell. I believe the decoration was fired into the glaze, so painting over it is probably the only option. It's nice to see a picture of how nice it can turn out though. Thanks.