Hiding lighting socket strip

iamjillian

For my Beacon Hill, I am going to construct a cover from contractor's foam board and camouflage it as part of the landscaping. An old fashioned slanting cellar door is another option, as is a small shed beside the house, a dog house, or any other type of outdoor construction. All removable, of course. A friend of mine put it under the house but hinged the foundation wall so she could lift it up to reach the sockets. 

I agree, putting it under the house would be the pits when it needs attention.

The house I just donated has the connections under the house’s 4” foundation. I carefully stapled the cord with a staple gun to the underside and used heavy duct tape to secure it. I made a notch in the foundation so the cord would thread outward. Now it’s very secure and I don’t think there will ever be a need to turn the house upside down.

1 hour ago, Sable said:

I don’t think there will ever be a need to turn the house upside down.

I like the way you secured it. I was thinking that if there is a fuse involved, it could be an issue. 

3 hours ago, Sable said:

Where does a fuse go? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a spot to replace one. In the transformer?

Edit: sorry my system is a tapewire system not a wire strip system. I guess there is a fuse in the socket strip. 

The CR2 system has a fuse, too. I am using it in conjunction with the tape wire. Here is a link with some photos.

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

The CR2 system has a fuse, too. I am using it in conjunction with the tape wire. Here is a link with some photos.

Thanks I forgot you are using the CR2 system. Don’t you just love that BamBam? I don’t know what I’d do without mine. It’s great for predrilling other holes too.