Alison Jr. Addition questions

My daughter and I are looking to build our second house and are thinking about the Alison Jr. with two story additions on each side.  Does anyone know if we could add a conservatory addition to the outside of a two story addition?  If anyone has done this could you please share pictures?   

Also, I would love to add a second story patio to the top of one of the additions.  I am all about working doors so I would want to add a working door from the third story room out onto the patio but I have noticed that the roof slants in on the third story....does anyone have tips on how to build an angled dormer door?

Thanks!

I don't see why you couldn't add the conservatory to the addition. Probably the only consideration would be depth differences. Conservatory says 11 7/8 deep, addition is 11 1/8 deep, so you'll have to navigate the difference.

In my Newport, i added a conservatory and ceiling is a few inches taller. I added a door from 2nd floor to roof of conservatory, added 2 steps up to the door. That looks nice. I haven't attempted a door in a mansard roof though.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hnuttle/371057577/in/album-72157594502920637/

• Like 1