I bought a trailer!

rodentraiser

21 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

I remember telling Lisa that if I moved out and was living in my car up there, we'd have the worst winter ever. Well, I didn't move out there last year and we had the worst winter ever. Now I'm wondering what next winter will be like. Should I be scared?

Scared? No. Just tell Lisa that next winter will be mild. :) 

But Kathie - I LIKE snow!

Having my own place is sort of losing its luster. Today I was trying to find out how much it would cost to put a roof over the trailer. I think we're going to look at cheap tarps instead. Then I called about getting some gravel put down for a more permanent base. The guy wants to come out and look at the site on Wednesday, so guess where I'll be? Everything is sounding expensive and I'm starting to reconsider moving into my car again.

I thought those orbs were just big snowflakes! If my trailer is haunted, it better be haunted with ghosts that can fix things!

• Like 1

Well, I spent all day yesterday looking at things like garages, trailer covers, and things of that nature, but came to the conclusion that they were either too expensive or not what I want. So I am going to call some handymen and see what they can do about the leaks. I also got on an RV forum and am getting help there. I did call someone about bringing some gravel out and laying it down as a solid place to put the trailer. He insists he needs to see the site, so I'm meeting him tomorrow at my lot. I've already explained to him that you can't see the slope of the land under the snow, but I guess he's going to have to figure that out for himself. Or maybe he has his own system.

On Saturday, there's a general meeting of the road maintenance association and I'm going there to see if there are any handymen nearby that can give me a quote on work.

I did find out that I can pull the locks from the doors and bring them into a locksmith and get them rekeyed. And also that the keys to the outside compartments are pretty generic and one gentleman has already offered to send me some extras. Then it remains to see if I can find the crank and what to do if I can't. Thing is, I don't even know if I can afford to have all this work done. I may have to wait on water till September and that means driving into town every couple of days for water. I figure I would be using about 2 gallons a day between washing up, cooking, and drinking. I can use hand wipes to clean the pots and pans, but I drink about 3/4 of a gallon of water a day and I refuse to be stinky!