Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hi!

4 posts in this topic

Hi y'all!  Working on a Sugarplum that I've had for years.... finally just going for it!  Since it's slightly smaller than 1:12 if anyone has suggestions for furniture, please let me know! DIY is fine…  Thanks!

Some smaller scale vintage furniture makers are Tomy, Petite Princess, Marx, Lundby, and a few others. Some are wood, some are plastic, but they are usually available through ebay. Some are real nice, others not so much. Hope this helps!

Welcome to the little family, Vicki.  The Sugarplum comes with a few pieces of furniture that fit it very well.  The last time I was in Wally World (Wal Mart) I saw that they have the Calico Critters; some of that furniture might fit the Sugarplum.  I would personally go with the DIY.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• Sugar Plum alterations
      By EmilyCraig
      I have a commission to build the Sugarplum! My client provided the kit and would like me to give it more of a ‘cape cod’ look. I’ve cut out an additional dormer window in the attic space and I’ve decided to turn the front window into a window seat. I also cut an opening for a narrow stairway. I know the sugarplum is a popular kit- I’m hoping for some tips and advice on the best methods to alter the design. This is the first time I’ve altered a kit and I’m kind of making it up as I go!

• Looking for ideas for Sugarplum
      By Dollhouse Novice
      I have a Sugarplum kit that I was thinking of making into a little English cottage for a nice little Grandma. I wanted to have a nice little kitchen with an aga stove and a parlour with a fireplace and a cosy area for afternoon tea, maybe a loveseat, two chairs, and a place by the door for an umbrella stand etc. While looking over the pieces in the kit, I realized the dimensions are really too little for what I want to do. So, I want to try something else; a shop, small school or very small inn, maybe a guest house...I don't really know.
      Can I get some ideas from others? My interests include teaching, quilting, flowers, reading, photography, traveling and staying in quaint hotels, but I am open to ideas outside of this scope.
    • Sugarplum Fixtures Built!
      By My Miniature Madness
      I am back to (finally) working on the Sugarplum! The display units are made up of bashed/modified kits and scratch built units. These have been built and finish sanded. Next steps are to add appliques/textured stickers and then start the chalk paint layers. I'm hoping that the displays look charmingly shabby, and the goods they hold look chic!
      To follow along on the build, my blog is:
      my-miniaturemadness.blogspot.com
      I'll be exploring techniques in mold making/casting, polymer clay products, sewing, fabric printing on my pc, and making plain fixtures and accessories a little shabby, and a little chic! It's going to be so much fun!
    • Sugarplum Shop Displays
      By My Miniature Madness
      I am back to (finally) working on the Sugarplum! The display units are made up of bashed/modified kits and scratch built units.
    • Sugarplum Interior Fixtures Right
      By My Miniature Madness
      The interior fixtures are made of of a couple bashed kits and some scratch made displays to fit the space.