ID help needed for house

LisaC

I was recently lucky enough to win an auction for a dollhouse that I absolutely fell in love with, and I would like to know more about it, if possible.  It has a a stamp on the bottom that says “Victorian Times Miniatures”, printed in a circle, with the number 52 inside the circle.  There is also a signature that I cannot make out, and the date 9/1/85.  There was a piece of paper inside the house that said it was a Joseph Angel Victorian, but the signature underneath sure doesn’t look like Joseph Angel to me.  I’ll try and post a picture of the house, and the signature.  I would be really grateful if anyone could tell me anything about this house!FB99611B-26F4-4FB4-990D-6BAC21653A25.jpe

Best,

Lisa

That's the Joseph Angel house and the signature underneath probably spells Clell Boyce who was the designer. The 52 means it was number 52 made. Each house was numbered and signed. I notice it has all the original windows it's supposed to have. I believe (I'm not sure) that Derek Perkins made those windows and they had to be purchased separately for the house.

Your house is a little unusual because of the double front doors and where they're placed. The front door on most JA houses was placed around the corner and it was a single door. I actually like that configuration much better myself. Excuse me now, while I go wipe the drool off my monitor. LOL I love that house anyway and that one is just gorgeous.

That's a beautiful house and if the pictures are of your house, you're very lucky to get it with the staircases. And it's finished very nicely, too. That's a house a lot of miniaturists would give their left arm for.

Oh Lisa, please start an album for us droolers :drool:.

Here is a thread with directions on how to make one. The system wont load pictures if the file size is too large. I use http://www.picresize.com/

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id=40441

Do a search for Joseph Angel on this forum and you will come with with lots of info. Clell Boyce was the designer of Victorian Times house and Ray Urh assembled  the houses.  They were only sold as assembled shells no kits.  My JA also has Ray's signature.  

Thank you all so much for the responses!  So would Clell Boyce be the person who finished the exterior and interior?  If not, is there any way to find out who did?  I would really like to be able to give credit where credit is due.  Whoever did the work on it did an absolutely amazing job.  The shingles seem to be individually applied, the gutters and downspouts look like they would actually work, the flashing on the roof is real copper — the back steps even have a teeny tiny outdoor spigot on the side!  The kitchen floor is real tile — someone put their heart and soul into this house— I wish I knew who it was!  

The pics are of my actual house — I just got frustrated because the ones I took weren’t loading so I uploaded a couple of screenshots from the auction listing.  Plus their pictures looked nicer than the ones I took of it sitting on my badly-in-need-of-painting front porch.  

Thank for the info about starting an album!!  I would love to do that, and although the house really doesn’t need very much work, there are a few things I would like to restore, and would love ideas on how I might go about doing that!

Best,

Lisa

Did you win this from that EBTH estate auction that someone posted about in the EBay Etsy thread. I was drooling over that house! You are so lucky to have estate auctions like that in the USA. We would never see a collection like that in Australia, 

Yes!!!  It is from EBTH!!!  They don’t have miniatures very often, but when they do they are often pretty neat.  I practically swooned when I saw all of those houses listed at once!  I must have looked at each of  them three or four times a day.  I really thought I didn’t have a ghost of a chance to get the JA house, I just put a bid in on a lark, for five dollars more than the listed amount, expecting to be outbid immediately, but I wasn’t.  I could hardly believe it!  I kept expecting EBTH to contact me and say there had been a mistake, or that they had messed up the shipping estimate and it was going to be more than the house itself.  The shipping was very expensive, but I have to give EBTH credit — they sent it halfway down the eastern seaboard in a cargo van, and it arrived looking exactly like it did in the photos.  When it came yesterday I felt like I was dreaming!

Best, Lisa

• 1 year later...

My husband Clell Boyce originally designed and built the Joseph Angel House (and many other dollhouses)! His business was 'Victorian Times Miniatures'.  The original house was a light blue/gray in color and I think it showcased  his very best work. It took over a year to complete the house. It was showcased at a Burgerville in Vancouver Washington along with a finished Josiah Golden House. They both sat in a huge glass case in the middle of the restaurant for years. I do not know where they went from there - I hope they are someplace where they are loved and seen. I will post a B&W photo (wish it was color!) it's the house on the top left - Josiah Golden top right and in color.   

Sally Boyce  (photos are copy written) 

portfolio-3 (003).jpg

Josiah Golden2.jpg

• Like 1