Newel post question

LisaC

My JA dollhouse is in wonderful condition, but it is missing a few little things.  One of them being a newel post on the second floor stairs.  I’ve looked at a bunch of newel posts online and have not seen a matching one — does this look familiar to anyone?

D0D92420-6FAF-4321-92C1-84F284A09D60.png

Thank you, I bet you are right.  One of the other things that is missing is one of the finials (not sure if that’s the correct name) on the roof, and last night I was able to find the pieces to make it in my Lawbre catalogue, so it would make sense if the newels were from Lawbre, too.  Unfortunately, my catalog only shows the newel posts attached to staircases, and I’m not able to see enough of the detail to make sure they match.  Looks pretty close though, so I went and ordered a set to try, since I was ordering the finial components anyway.

I think I have a bunch of these newel posts that I got from The Dollhouse Factory back in the 80s. This was the old Dollhouse Factory before it was sold to the current owners, and I may be wrong, but I think that store has now gone out of business. I have these posts in various heights, so if you could send me the length of the bottom (from the ground up to the top of the square base), I could look and see if mine matches.

OK, then, as I was sitting here, I realized that the posts and balusters were an arm's length from me, so I photographed them the best I could. Does this look like it would fit? Darn it, sorry for the sideways picture. I can't get it to go straight. I guess you'd have to save the image and flip it to compare it to your picture.

DSCN0050.JPG.bec8a11d7c8212366e25a13fc6c

Anyway, if you think this would fit, PM me your address and I'll get it sent out to you.