Intro

Bri

Hi! I’m Bri (rhymes with try) and I’m new to the world of miniatures. I have done a few small kits of different rooms but not a whole house. But this is about to change as I have the Glencroft by Greenleaf. I’m fascinated with the Tudor period in history and I’m trying to keep the house as historically accurate as I can. I have a ‘story’ to accompany the house and I’m looking forward to starting work on it (I think, lol). 

Oh and I’m from Australia. 

cheers, 

Bri 

Welcome to the forum, Bri! We have a few members Down Under, in Australia and New Zealand. You already have some miniaturist chops, but you will no doubt run into some challenges. Ask questions. Somebody here will have been there, done that. The responses will help other miniaturists, too.

You can open an album in the Gallery after you make 5 posts to share your progress with us. There is a limit to the number of photos you can include in posts, no limit to Gallery content. Many of us have backstories for our houses. We'd like to hear yours. :) 

Welcome to the little family, Bri.  There is a building blog for the Glencroft.  I wanted to make mine Miss Marple's cottage, but my kit wanted to become a pub; that's when I learned to listen to the darned kit and build it into what it wants.

Welcome, Bri!  After getting bitten with the miniatures bug when building a house for my daughter, my "next" project was to be that tall narrow Tudor house on the cover of Brian Nickolls' book.  I got side-tracked with some hand-me-down houses -- a giant re-hab and a set of shop kits -- but that house is calling to me!  I'm fascinated by the Elizabethan period.  I'm already interested to see what you do with the Glencroft!

This forum is a treasure -- people are very friendly and helpful.  I've learned a lot just by reading, but also by asking questions.

Hi Bri, welcome, hope you visit often and ask any questions or just chat about the build. We’re good dollhouse therapists, sometimes you just need someone to listen while you talk about your house, how you feel about it, your hopes and dreams and wishes for its future :) we get it. 

Yes, indeed we do "get it". :ohyeah: And no one here thinks you're crazy when you say your house "talks" to you!  

Love the Tudor period as well and I have a house that would lend itself well to that....but just don't have the time right now for it.  Instead I will watch for your progress pics!  :) 

Welcome and good luck on your build!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...