Wooden clapboard siding

iamjillian

Hi all,

Lookinf for some recommendations as to where to buy wooden clapboard siding - preferably individual strips.

The exchange rate and postage from the USA is very high, so I am wondering if there are any suppliers who make it outside of the US? 

Thanks! 

I haven't tried the iron-on wood veneer for siding because I still have some of the Greenleaf siding that came with some kits I stuccoed instead, but when that runs out the iron-on siding will be my go-to; I find it in hardware stores.

21 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

@iamjillian Here is a link to Minimum World https://minimumworld.com/e9273-shiplap-siding-pk4

I think it is commonly referred to as Ship lap siding in the UK. Maybe that is why you are having trouble finding it?

Thanks! I do like Minimum World.

Is that siding easy to fit? I am making the Diana and because there are lots of angles and bay windows etc I was a bit concerned that the sheets of siding would become quite tricky to fit together without obvious gaps. 

It requires a little skill to get the cuts perfect. I use paper templates sometimes to measure the angles properly. I put my windows and doors over the boards to hide the edges. The most important issue is to not use water based glues with this product. I use an oil based construction adhesive. And you have to get the bottom lip perfectly over the board you are placing it over....otherwise the seam will stick out bothering you until eternity.

• Like 1

I put a piece of 'L" shaped trim where the corners meet https://minimumworld.com/shop-by-product/doors-windows-and-building-supplies/cornice-skirting-mouldings/hw7046-corner-moulding

The paper templates that Sable suggested are a great way to fit tricky pieces.  I also fill in any unsightly gaps with paintable caulk

• Like 1

Thank you for this advice!!!

I really like Minimum World. The prices are good, the website is very convenient to use and the shipping is free to Australia when you order over a certain amount (which is easy to do). I will give the shiplap siding a go.