Advice with an online seller

Keifer

Ok so here’s the sitch.  I contacted a seller to see if they would ever produce (product X) in the future that was available for purchase.  They replied saying that they indeed intended to produce and sell product X, but they just needed a few days to get everything together.  In that same conversation they said that it would be about $15 for 24 units.  Everything sounds good...

A few days pass and the seller replies that what I requested was put together and available in their shop.  All excited I go to their shop and see product X and everything looks perfect but then I see that product X is listed for $16 and only for 12 units!

So my question is how should I approach the price/quantity discrepancy?  I mean if it was just a bit off I wouldn’t even bother but half the units for the same price.   

Hmmm... I guess two things come to mind: find a better price elsewhere, or do sort of like I do at the pizza place when I'm buying for a crew-- "do you think you could cut me a break on a bulk order..." You have the email exchange to refer to, also...

• Like 1

I'd tell them that I'm a bit confused, since their original email said $15 for 24 units but the website says $16 for 12 units, and ask if they would please clarify. Maybe they ran into something unforeseen in the manufacturing process that triggered the price rise.

• Like 1

I contacted the seller and it turns out it was just a typo/listing error on the quantity.  The price is a $1.25 more but I can live with that.   All is right with the world again. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keifer said:

I contacted the seller and it turns out it was just a typo/listing error on the quantity.  The price is a $1.25 more but I can live with that.   All is right with the world again. 

Great to hear! Looking forward to seeing how it all come together!