Hi!!!

Antigona

Hello! I'm Dàmaris and I'm from Barcelona.

I've been making miniatures for some years and I'm a BJD collector. Making miniatures is so relaxing, one of my favourites scales is 1:144.

However I'm trying to purchase one of this beautiful Bacon Hill Dollhouses, (let's see if I make it since I can't find a seller that ships it to Spain...), but even if I can't make it than that I'm sure I will enjoy your creations and your wise advices!

It's nice to meet you :)!

Hello,  Dàmaris, Welcome to the forum. As I recall, we have a member in Europe who built a Beacon Hill, so there must be a way to get one to you. Someone here may be able to help. Good luck with your search for a source. :) 

Bienvenida, Dàmaris.  Welcome to the little family.  If you order your Beacon Hill kit from the manufacturer:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/dollhouse-kits/beacon-hill-dollhouse-kit.html and you let them know you're in Spain, I imagine they will quote you a price with shipping:

GREENLEAF DOLLHOUSES
  436 LAKE ROAD
  SCHENEVUS, NY 12155
  UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 
  Phone: (800) 253-7150
  Fax: (607) 638-9076
  email: customerservice@greenleafdollhouses.com

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

Hello,  Dàmaris, Welcome to the forum. As I recall, we have a member in Europe who built a Beacon Hill, so there must be a way to get one to you. Someone here may be able to help. Good luck with your search for a source. :) 

Thank you!! Will take a look on them!

57 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Bienvenida, Dàmaris.  Welcome to the little family.  If you order your Beacon Hill kit from the manufacturer:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/dollhouse-kits/beacon-hill-dollhouse-kit.html and you let them know you're in Spain, I imagine they will quote you a price with shipping:

GREENLEAF DOLLHOUSES
  436 LAKE ROAD
  SCHENEVUS, NY 12155
  UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 
  Phone: (800) 253-7150
  Fax: (607) 638-9076
  email: customerservice@greenleafdollhouses.com

Thanks <3! I already mailed them, since on official site it also shows they are not available to Spain. I guess I'll figure it out, maybe they had a bad experience before dealing with a spaniard (which is not difficult as we have a pretty bad custom services)

Perhaps you can work something out with one of our European members.  Your country has a lively miniature hobby going on; one of our site administrators, Tracy Topps, built a Pierce kit that was featured in Miniaturas.

I will try to talk to someone on Europe then, but I won't surprised if it's something Spain-related.

26 minutes ago, Sable said:

On the online order form in the Shipping section Spain is listed along with Barcelona under the State options.

It lets me pick my postal code and city and country, but when I go to the final checkout appears a message saying

"There was a problem retrieving your shipping quote. Unfortunately one or more items in your cart can't be shipped to your location. Please choose a different delivery address"

I tried a different postal code but same message appears. I contacted Greenleaf and will share the answer, thanks everybody for helping :)

I'll bet it is the program that is causing the glitch. It may be set up only for domestic deliveries and would reject orders to any country outside of the United States. I'll also bet that they can figure the shipping costs manually.  My fingers are crossed that this is the issue and it can be easily overcome. 

• Like 1

Hi Dàmaris, I'm on the other side of the world in New Zealand!  I purchased a new Pierce kit (another large Greenleaf house) off Ebay a few years back which they happily shipped to me here.  Have you checked online auction sites???

Hi! Thanks everybody for your advices and wishes! Unfortunately for me, I searched on eBay a second hand seller that sold the kit brand new but it almost tripled the oirignal price...
Mary from Greenleaf answered my message and kindly explained to me how to make the purchase and ship it to Spain. It's same steps I followed before, and same result. But then I thought it was maybe an issue related to the size of the house. I tried to purchase another item (a smaller dollhouse), and surprise! It lets me purchase it and tells the cost of shippings.
So maybe it can be that Beacon Hill don't ship overseas to Spain? I'm waiting on another response. But I'm happy because I think we are going to figure it out, since I told Mary I wanted a Beacon Hill and she didn't tell me it couldn't go to Spain. Maybe without using the website, just Paypal to Paypal or something (that's how Ball Jointed Doll houses or dealers work normally).

Fingers crossed! >.<

• Like 1