Opinions on front door lights/mailbox

IndyCindy

I feel like I usually have a very clear vision of what "look" I want, but I've hit a bit of a stumbling block and would love to have your opinions. My Newport isn't finished yet - lots of trim to do on the exterior, etc. However, I'm trying to decide what I should do around the front door.  I know I definitely want to add a little brass mailbox and a brass carriage lamp, but I'm not sure if 1 or 2 lights would look better, and where the light/lights would look best in relation to the door and mailbox. I've attached some pictures to aid in visualizing things. Thoughts and opinions welcome! Thanks!

front_door.jpg

mini_carriage_lamp.jpg

mini_brass_mailbox.jpg

I would put the light to the left of the door so it is approximately centered on the porch. No dark corners!

And the mailbox would go to the right of the door to balance it out. 

I'd think about a seasonal wreath on the door as well. 

• Like 1

I love the look of two porch lights. I know it’s a little extravagant but I think it’s such a neat look. If you got two you could try it and then if you only used one you’d have an extra light for next time. 

On 3/28/2019, 8:32:09, WyckedWood said:

I love the look of two porch lights. I know it’s a little extravagant but I think it’s such a neat look. If you got two you could try it and then if you only used one you’d have an extra light for next time. 

Good insight! Honestly, my favorite time to admire my dollhouse is at night, when it's dark outside, and I turn off all of the lights in our real house and only leave on the mini lights. It's magical! :) 

3 hours ago, amyole said:

Your mailbox is so cute. It will look perfect on the house.

Thanks, Amy! I'm excited to do some outdoor decorating - I'm generally so focused on the inside of the house that I forget there's a whole world of miniature decorating on the exterior of the house!