How do you hang pictues?

nolephan

Hi all, 

I'm sure this topic has been addressed before, but can't find it. I'm trying to hang family pictures in my orchid. How do you all hang them? I did hang a cuckoo clock on the wall; I cut a straight pin and used that as a "nail" but it was so fiddly and took forever to get it in the wall. Do you all just glue framed pictures straight on or use something else? Thanks!

Laurie (Nolephan)

I guess I have a fear of commitment on this one, but I just use Mini-hold brand museum wax. If you use a big enough glob of it (in proportion to the weight of the item you wish to hang), it does a great job. You can easily move things around. I've even used it to secure things to the outside of my house. (garden hose holder, mailbox, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

C181A271-1ECA-4871-8741-4EF3D9CD9BAA.jpeI use tacky wax but I do have some pictures hanging by chain on a small pin because of the house era. I found if you drill a hole for the pin first using a pin drill (or small Archimedes drill) then just glue the trimmed pin into place, it’s much easier. 

Edited by HollyhockCottage
Adding photo