Looking for particular online shop

Shareb

I am going slowly nutty here.  Okay, so my pain levels are up and my brain isn't functioning quite as well as it could.  I know that there is an online shop that sells miniature 1:12 kits for French (and other) tables, fireplaces and wall detailing.  I believe they're made out of plastic - although they certainly don't look that way, and you put them together and paint them.  They're all very ornate and the lady who makes and sells them copies the furniture quite precisely from full size furniture.  I've looked through all of my 'favourites' and can't find it.  I've probably missed it somewhere.  I've googled it but nothing is showing up and I am going a little bit batty!  So I give up!  Can anyone help me please?  What I'm actually after is an 18th Century French commode or similar.  After looking at pictures I don't think I am clever enough - or have the right gear to be able to make one well.  I'd like to put that - or something similar, beside Master Raymond's bed so that I can sit a candle on it and hide the wires.  Maybe I should do a writing desk instead?

:hmm: Hmmm .. I had to look up the definition for commode. I thought it only referred to a piece of furniture containing a concealed chamber pot. Turns out it can be a chest of drawers or chiffonier of a decorative type popular in the 18th century. Live and learn. :) 

The furniture on that website is remarkable. Almost makes me want to do a room box of that period. Almost.

• Like 1

Yep - it's a fantastic wee site that I came across a few months ago when looking at panelling etc.  

8 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I checked the site and found a lovely commode table in her "furniture" listings.  Let the pain dissipate and look again.

It's a gorgeous commode however that works out to NZ$90 plus shipping and I feel that's a little too ornate for Raymond.  

6 hours ago, Mineejv said:

That site is amazing...  

Yep - cool huh!!!!!  Not sure what it would be like to work with the plastic pieces....

6 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

She has a lot of beautiful pieces listed on her site, too bad most of them are out of stock.  Wonder if she replenishes her stock very often?

Yes exactly.  The few times I've looked it's been the same.  Maybe they're the sort of thing that she makes to order?

1 hour ago, Elsbeth said:

Fun to look at - thank you for thinking out loud and sharing this with us!

I'm so glad you said that!  I felt like a bit of a moran for putting this post on after I found it!!

23 minutes ago, KathieB said:

:hmm: Hmmm .. I had to look up the definition for commode. I thought it only referred to a piece of furniture containing a concealed chamber pot. Turns out it can be a chest of drawers or chiffonier of a decorative type popular in the 18th century. Live and learn. :) 

The furniture on that website is remarkable. Almost makes me want to do a room box of that period. Almost.

Yes!!  I had to look it up too, I was wondering what type of furniture might be in a bedroom in the 18th C and that kept coming up.  I just want one more piece of furniture for his living quarters - but not quite so ornate.  I'll sit and look this afternoon when I get home - today I have to go visit my elderly Uncle who lives an hour away across the city.  Plus I do payroll for our business on a Weds.