Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1:24 moldings?

9 posts in this topic

Hi!!

It's been almost two weeks since I ordered my first dollhouse and I already recieved it and dry fitted yay! :D

Right now I'm dissasembling everything as I decide any modifications on rooms and so on. But I need some help on moldings.

I already have some wallpapers ready to print, but I would like to know where can I buy 1:24 moldings? All I can find (at least near me) are 1:12 moldings (crown molded or simple).

Do you have any idea and tips?

Thank you!

It's easier (in my opinion) to make 1:24 moldings from a lightweight card like posterboard and build up the layers for millwork, and then paint it.

Congratulations on a successful dry fit!  Most of the wood/molding places I use are in the U.S.  If shopping in the UK works for you, a Trifle Small has some building components in 1:24, including moldings:  https://www.atriflesmall.co.uk/124th-scale/124th-scale-diy-and-decoration/124th-scale-building-componants   The owners generally ship quickly, and are very nice to work with.  Also, when you look online, not every store labels their molding and trim as 1:24 scale.  If you look at the size of the pieces, smaller widths can work for half scale.

Thanks for your response!

I think I prefer to buy them as Deb said, since making a crowned shape with cardboard may be too difficult,,,

Will take a look on Triffle Small. Thank youuu!

Manchester Woodworks has a good selection and nice wood, but they can be a bit slow to ship.  I have been waiting a month for my last order, and they are not responding to emails.

Thanks for all responses!

16 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

Manchester Woodworks has a good selection and nice wood, but they can be a bit slow to ship.  I have been waiting a month for my last order, and they are not responding to emails.

That's a tragedy over here. Glad you told me they are slow at shipping because I'm so anxious (in a good way) to see my hoise done I would panic! thank you!!

27 minutes ago, biomom said:

I have also used Northeastern scale lumber

Good reminder!  I got my cherry wood strips for a floor from them, and they were absolutely beautiful.