Our work is on someone else's instagram

Shareb

Yep - pretty sure it's yours on there Karin!

3 hours ago, minilover62 said:

The only thing good that I have to say about this unruly Instagram person is that he/she has very good taste! Everything else is just plain wrong.

Totally agree!  :D 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Pinterest is one site that bugs me more than any other because of the amount of plagerism that goes on there. Google isn't good either because when you're looking for ideas and do an image search on google, most of the images that come up are those that are on pinterest. It's such a big problem. (Sometimes folks might repost images because they like it, but they should say that they didn't take the photo or artwork.) The main problem with pinterest though is not the necessarily plagerism, but the fact that it often obscures the original source of the image. Google should block pinterest from coming up in their image search to combat it - if no one knows where an image originally came from, then people can't give proper credit even if they want to and it makes people feel that it's OK to use stuff that's not theirs. (I don't use Instagram because you can't post on to site from a pc - it's got to be an android device like a phone and even then it's fiddly so I don't know how bad the problem is on there.)

Edited by Icewolf
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Icewolf said:

Google isn't good either because when you're looking for ideas and do an image search on google, most of the images that come up are those that are on pinterest. 

I must say - I completely agree with you about google!  Lately when I've been doing a picture search yes - it seems that the majority that come up are from Pinterest which is NOT what I'm looking for because as you say, I want to find the original site.  Plus - If I wanted to search Pinterest I'd do it on Pinterest and not on Google!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Shareb said:

Lately when I've been doing a picture search yes - it seems that the majority that come up are from Pinterest which is NOT what I'm looking for because as you say, I want to find the original site.

I agree.  Sometimes, when I do a search, I put in Searchterm Searchterm -Pinterest, to tell Google I don't want Pinterest to show up in the results.  It's not always 100% effective, but it helps.

• Like 2

I know this is an old thread, but I just clicked the Instagram link in the first post and the page has been taken down. I wonder if that's because of our reports?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

I agree.  Sometimes, when I do a search, I put in Searchterm Searchterm -Pinterest, to tell Google I don't want Pinterest to show up in the results.  It's not always 100% effective, but it helps.

I add -Pinterest to nearly all of my Google searches. Removing the clutter of that site always proves helpful in finding what I need.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fov said:

I know this is an old thread, but I just clicked the Instagram link in the first post and the page has been taken down. I wonder if that's because of our reports?

That's interesting!  Certainly IG acted very quickly on my complaint and removed the images as soon as I provided them with evidence that it was my work.  Maybe a lot of people had the same issue.  She was posting new images every day - she didn't say they were hers, but she didn't say they weren't either.  Certainly most of the comments on my pics on her IG were making the assumption that it was her work and telling her how clever she was.  I am happy for my work to be shared (which is a good thing given how much my apothecary was shared on twitter) as long as they give me credit as the creator - or at the least acknowledge that they love the work which is why they are sharing but they're not sure who created it.

6 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

Brilliant thanks for that!  I'll remember that next time I do a search!