Australian dropping in to find her mojo

Welcome to the little family, Christine.  What have you left to finish?  I make the things I put into my little houses, perhaps you might stitch a little hearth rug or bed coverlet or pillows.  I found some dollhouse accessories on Wish.com.

• Like 1

Post some photos and show us what style you're going with. I am working on a primitive farm folk sort of house at the moment. But I spread my mini time too thin and work on lots of things at the same time...trying to learn to focus! So hard!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Welcome to the little family, Christine.  What have you left to finish?  I make the things I put into my little houses, perhaps you might stitch a little hearth rug or bed coverlet or pillows.  I found some dollhouse accessories on Wish.com.

Thank you. I have the roof to complete and a couple of rooms to decorate. I loved making as many of my on bits as I could so that should inspire me but I think I’m stalled on the best way to finish the construction and do repairs. It’s surprising the deterioration that comes with neglect ... and 2 enthusiastic kitties. 

4 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Post some photos and show us what style you're going with. I am working on a primitive farm folk sort of house at the moment. But I spread my mini time too thin and work on lots of things at the same time...trying to learn to focus! So hard!

Haha Too many other things that distract and not enough time! 

I had a go at putting a photo up last night but couldn’t get it small enough for the forum to accept, even emailing it to myself at 29kb - surely dollshouse scale! 

Will have another attempt tonight. 

Hi Christine. I am in Victoria. There are some other Aussies on here too. My guess is you just need some inspiration for finishing off the outisde. I always stop when something isn’t right and I don’t know what to do to get it right. Sometimes it takes me years to get back to it. 

• Like 1

Welcome Christine.  I also use picresize but in app form.   Usually to post into a topic thread the size limited but putting pics in an album accepts larger resolution. 

I look forward to seeing your projects. 

• Like 1

Hi! :wave: Queenslander here. :)

I often find a smaller project gets me going. Like making a piece of kit furniture or repainting/upholstering some ugly red velvet & mahogany thing. Nothing like giving a mini a new life to get the juices flowing. @Myangela & @otterine have some albums here that have inspired me. Maybe go for a bit of a browse... be warned, you can fall down a rabbit hole of inspiring albums here quite easily. :D 

Also, where are you located in Oz.. the Sydney miniature show is coming up at the beginning of May and there is one in Melbourne in, I think July??... @shannonc60 can you confirm? Also Amea is having convention this year in Brisbane in October. You do need to be a member to attend but they are holding some great workshops if you are local and interested in attending. :) 

5 hours ago, Samusa said:

I often find a smaller project gets me going. Like making a piece of kit furniture or repainting/upholstering some ugly red velvet & mahogany thing. Nothing like giving a mini a new life to get the juices flowing. @Myangela & @otterine have some albums here that have inspired me. Maybe go for a bit of a browse... be warned, you can fall down a rabbit hole of inspiring albums here quite easily. :D 

Also, where are you located in Oz.. the Sydney miniature show is coming up at the beginning of May and there is one in Melbourne in, I think July??... @shannonc60 can you confirm? Also Amea is having convention this year in Brisbane in October. You do need to be a member to attend but they are holding some great workshops if you are local and interested in attending. :) 

Yes Sam, Sydney is first weekend in May and the Melbourne one is about the 12th July or thereabouts. All the other states/territories have shows too, except Northern Territory.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shareb said:

Welcome Christine!!!!!  This is a fantastic group of people who will help you find your mojo and more!  :D 

Thank you. I’m already finding inspiration as I learn to navigate in here. 

Edited by HollyhockCottage
Testing emojis
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

Hi Christine. I am in Victoria. There are some other Aussies on here too. My guess is you just need some inspiration for finishing off the outisde. I always stop when something isn’t right and I don’t know what to do to get it right. Sometimes it takes me years to get back to it. 

Hi Shannon, we know each other from another forum although I haven’t been there for years. I’ve been enjoying watching your progression in the dolls house business when I do hunt for something to inspire and your name pops up along with your gorgeous kits. Well done!  

10 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

I use     http://www.picresize.com/    to resize my photos .  This thread will help you make a gallery album http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id=40441

Thank you Mid life madness (fantastic user name)! I’ll give it a try. 

10 hours ago, Keifer said:

Welcome Christine.  I also use picresize but in app form.   Usually to post into a topic thread the size limited but putting pics in an album accepts larger resolution. 

I look forward to seeing your projects. 

Thank you Keith. I’ve been noticing your projects in my browsing too. Amazing! 

9 hours ago, havanaholly said:

There is also a limit to how many pictures you can post directly; there isn't a limit to what you can post in the gallery.

Thank you.  I’m still learning my way around and getting a lot of crashes but that could be my phone and our less than perfect internet. 

6 hours ago, Samusa said:

Hi, I’m quite near you in Toowoomba. I always admire the work I see from the Brisbane miniaturises at the annual craft shows in Brisbane and that inspires me ... until I get home. I remember Otterines work from when I started 10 years ago - she’s so talented and I’ll look out for myAngela but I have to be careful not to spend so much time drooling that I never get started!  

13 hours ago, HollyhockCottage said:

Hi Shannon, we know each other from another forum although I haven’t been there for years. I’ve been enjoying watching your progression in the dolls house business when I do hunt for something to inspire and your name pops up along with your gorgeous kits. Well done!  

Aha! Ok! And thanks for the compliment. The business is slowly building.

• Like 1

On 17/04/2019, 5:46:21, HollyhockCottage said:

I was thinking about this and realised I do remember your cottage - I adore it. It was just hard to see it from your photos with the kitties/able assistants. And you had a blog too? I hope you post more beautiful pics soon so we can drool.

• Like 1