New member, Old Dollhouse

Hi!  I've never built a dollhouse before but have wanted to buy a kit for years but never have.  Growing up my sister and I were gifted two beautiful dollhouses by a nice woman who collected them.  Now, thirty years later, I would like to return the favor, by fixing up my old dollhouse and passing it on.  My husband and live in Ohio with our two teenage boys, so I've reconciled my self to letting it go.  The biggest challenge I'll face with it is that nothing is standard or to scale on the house.  It's in good shape, and not an antique, but any general advice is appreciated!  

Welcome to the little family, Nicole.  Why not keep the house, fix it up to suit yourself, and once those teenaged boys are grown and out of the house, take it out and play with it!

If the house is relatively close to being a 1:12 scale, I would adjust the window openings and door openings to accommodate the standard Houseworks windows & doors.  That should help, I would think.