selling some more miniatures on ebay

grazhina

I've begun going through my miniature furniture stash and listing some of them on ebay. I'm turning away from building 1" scale houses, so I won't be needing a lot of things. Here's a link to my ebay listings.  Be sure to check the page often as I plan on adding more things.

Anyone want to share opinions on miniature accessories on ebay? I'll be going through boxes and boxes of them when I'm done listing furniture, and there's quite a few things I know I won't use. I'm thinking maybe I should combine them into lots?

I definitely buy accessories as lots on eBay to justify the shipping to Australia. If you are interested in international customers then lots would be the way to go. :)

Ebay has taken the annoying and infuriating habit of changing some of my Buy it Now listings to accept offers. On investigating, I see they've been doing this to sellers for some time now, and the sellers are not happy. When I set my listings up I uncheck "accept offers"- even though ebay keeps bugging me to take them, assuming I want to get rid of my "junk".

If you see something in my ebay listings that you want to buy, you can send me a private message.

So I begin my battle with ebay.

Another thing that they do is that they want to decide which items should include FREE SHIPPING, and keep on pushing you to do it!. When you sale an item, if you accept offers as they want, you give free shipping, and you pay the Ebay Final Value fee, the Final value Fee on Shipping, plus the Paypal fee, you very easily end up giving your item for free . I can't even imagine how it is when you have a "STORE", Ebay and Paypal plus the carriers for sure make their cut, but do the sellers make their cuts? I am beginning to doubt it.....I have been disappointed with my "sales" many times. Watch out!

• Like 1

I wondered about that. When I was young and foolish (about 6 months ago), I was drooling to buy one of a limited run of Peter Stone model horses. The seller had it listed for $240 and there was a Make an Offer button beside the amount. So naturally, I offered $200 and I don't think the seller was very happy with me. She told me the horse was full price and I wondered at the time why she would put a Make an Offer button next to the price if she wanted full price for it. After reading your post, Grazhine, I think I know how that happened now.

And no, I didn't buy the horse. There's nothing like having no money to teach you willpower. And even that doesn't stop me sometimes, but for just this one time, it did. *sigh*