Intro from FL

Colee1970

Hello!  My name is Mandy and I am from the central Atlantic coast of Florida.  I am 48 years old and my husband just purchased me The Pierce kit.  I am really excited to get started... and a tad nervous.

My daddy built me a Pierce kit back when I was 12 and I always cherished that house.   A few years after I married my first husband we had a puppy that chewed off the front porch and the trim and part of the tower.  I was heartbroken.  I added up pieces I would  need to replace and fix it.  It was going to cost more than a new kit. 

Regretfully, a few years later, a woman wanted the dollhouse for her grand daughter so I sold it to her.  I always hated that I sold it. 

Fast forward several years, and my 2nd hubby bought me a new kit to build in my daddy’s memory.   After I told him the story of my house he thought it was really neat to want to replace it. It won’t be the same but it is the same house. I plan to put an “In Memory of” in the middle of the gingerbread trim over the front porch.  We have already started collecting pieces of furniture... right down to the same pump organ that I had so many years ago.

A little more about myself... I am a newly registered nurse.  Graduated in December.  I also create realistic handpainted newborn baby dolls.... they are called Reborns.  We also do Civil war reenacting.  He is now retired and I am planning to go back to work  now that I am licensed.

I look forward to seeing your houses and learning lots here.  Plus meeting new people with the same interests.  

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Mandy.  When I was 50 I went to Nursing School and worked an RN.  I also started building dollhouses then.  Are you anywhere near Edgewater/ New Smyrna?