Brass and mesh 1970s 1/12 furniture - history of

Jazz

I've acquired a dozen or so pieces of brass nursery, kitchen, and bistro/cafe furniture. The chairs and tables are curved metal structures with mesh inserts, and the bassinet and carriage, are ornate metal. Does anyone know the history of these pieces? Where and when they were manufactured for example? I've looked everywhere. There are many for sale on Etsy and eBay but I'm more curious about their origin.

Thank you.

IMG_0205.jpg

• Like 1

I vaguely recall seeing the metal wire & mesh furniture in SF's Chinatown shops in the early 1990s, and I have found pieces similar to the all-metal ones in an antique shop, but I can't help with when or by whom they were made.

• Like 1

They used to have a feature in one of the miniature magazines where people could ask questions like this. Maybe try emailing them, or ask on their Facebook pages. You might get your question printed in the magazine :) 

American Miniaturist

Dollhouse Miniatures 

Ashdown Publishing 

• Like 1

I believe they have been sold as "Heartland" Doll House Furniture. There are quite a few around and I think they have been originally manufactured in Taiwan.

• Like 1

Soapz Heartland took the lead on the answer to my question. Justen Heartland (the spelling is correct if Google is) brass dollhouse furniture circa 1985 is all over eBay, Etsy, and Pinterest.

Thanks, everyone who weighed in. There isn't much on Justen himself however the proliferation of brass pieces available makes me feel more comfortable about painting them to suit whatever I want them to fit into.

I don't mind one or two brass pieces, but perhaps I could "bash" the others into looking like wood or wicker?  I have very little furniture so want to make use of what I find.

Thank again,