Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

tennyson Tennyson 1/12 question re adding rooms

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi folks,

I've bought a Tennyson fully constructed dollhouse and have seen these lovely buildings with room additions. I've searched for pre-built additions (nope) and plans to DIY, but no luck. 

Please, does anyone have a lead on a tutorial, guide, printed plan, or similar to help me determine if creating an addition is something I could tackle? Attached is an image of what I bought. It was only $70 Canadian, so I think it's a good deal and not too expensive to risk working on.IMG_0395.thumb.jpg.8525fba59b6c4d8175441IMG_0393.thumb.jpg.19e2e0c79fb44b96ee9d2

Thanks in advance,

Rosemary

IMG_0392.jpg

Edited by Jazz
typo

The first dollhouse I ever built was a Duracraft Heritage for my daughter who was about 9 or 10 at the time. I had no idea of what I was doing, and only had scrap lumber to work with, and leftover bits and pieces from the kit, but I felt the house needed more play space. You're welcome to check out the pictures if it helps you at all. Just click on them and they'll enlarge.

You could add a one or two story addition to your house. Obviously my drawing with microsoft paint really sucks big time.

Untitled a.png

I have a Tennyson (built with hot glue originally) that I rescued from an auction house that is begging for rehab, so I will be most interested to follow this thread.

Grazhina, thanks for your suggestion. I get the idea (from your drawing) I just need to be brave!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• RGT Queen Anne bashed with Newport (plus lots of alterations)
      By Melt
      A miniature lady I know built me this custom house. Well, it's the RGT Queen Anne and the Newport bashed together with a ton of custom alterations.  Walls taken down, windows replaced with doors, balconies extending all around, etc.  I know there are a few weird things that don't match (especially the Newport side of roof needing to be peaked or something), but I love it. It's so fun.  Just picked it up yesterday, so there are no accessories yet and I only just started playing with furniture, but here are pics if anyone is curious. It's giant!!!  I realize it's bigger than most people's taste. Lol. It's 90x36x38.
      Oops. Will post pics in just a minute.  Have to switch devices. 
    • Pierce Bashing
      By nolephan
      Hi all,
      I just got my Pierce, and want to make a boarding house. I think I may need to bash a Primrose on the side to get enough rooms.
      So.... here's what I would LIKE to do. If anyone has bashed a Pierce before and can just tell me if these things are structurally stupid ideas.
      1. Bash the Primrose on to the right side (looking at it from the open back) and create an opening between them. The primrose will be the kitchen/dining area, not sure about the upper floor yet. Probably a boarder's room. 
      2. Add a wall where the dining room is now for another bedroom. The kitchen also becomes a bedroom.
      3. Relocate the staircase against the front wall. Which would get rid of that weird little wall at the top of the stairs?
      4. At the top of the stairs will be a small area with a bookcase, wall telephone and desk. Put in removable wall between stairs and right bedroom. In far left bedroom, turn bay into balcony.
      5. Attic-Do something with that awkward V angle in the far left attic (Will this cause the roof to sag? Can I reinforce it?) Is the attic portion under the big roof tall enough to realistically make into rooms. And is the tower area big enough to put a child's bed and ladder to the roof in it?
      Thanks!
    • Basement side wall has windows!
      By Samusa
      I've added basement window to the "room" side of the basement to give a little additional light. The chimney will go between these windows.
    • Basement progress
      By Samusa
      Making progress on the basement. I've cut the hole for the garage door which is in dryfit and has a coat of primer. I don't know where to put the basement door. I've chosen this french door style because there most likely won't be a window on the front wall and I would like to have the door do double duty for some light. I can't put the door directly under the other doors as the garage door took up more room than expected and means it's impossible to line the bottom door up with the others due to the internal struts/runners that make the garage door work.
      The choices are:
      1. Centre it in what's left of the wall, or
      2. Try and get it as close as possible to the garage door, maybe even sharing trim?
      Thoughts?
    • New to mini crafting
      By jeanzjewlz
      Although I have dabbled in creating miniature items most of my life, I only recently got into dollhouses. My sister gave a DuraCraft Ashley still in the box a couple of years ago and i blindly proceeded to begin construction. After about a month of trying to find permanent space to work, I ended up revamping my garage into a workshop, and then began collecting little things to create furnishings...then i discovered Pinterest!! I have so many boards and pins there, I go by jeanzblue, don't have any of my stuff, just things i like. So the more i look at other's work and bashing I have finally decided to "theme" bash the Ashley as a sorceress cottage. I also do silly little things in my garden to attract tbe Faerie folk, I truly believe that "if you build it they will come" ;-) This is where most of my mini crafting has been done until now. Recently I spent som time at my sister's and she is very heavy into quilting now, so she gave me 40 years worth of miniatures! Furniture kits, already put together pieces, critters, food and a DuraCraft San Franciscan 550 still in the box!!! I am so excited! This new project will become a wizard's castle, i have already begun cuttingup egg cartons; stones for the cottage walls and bricks for the castle! I also collect dragons and wizards and other things Faerie, and to go with the cottage and castle I have plansfor a dragon cavern. I get bored with one project at a time, so I also carve and build and create other crafty stuff. I am 62 years young and I now see myself building my miniature fantasy world for the rest of my life...