Help-with What Period Is this Couch Considered?

Qubanqtee

That is a toughie. I'd call it Hollywood Glam, often referred to as Hollywood Regency. You saw it a lot in movies from the 1930s through the 1940s. It has some influences of Art Deco, but Hollywood Regency sofas didn't have any exposed wood. I searched for Hollywood Glam and found the pic below. Not exactly the same but a lot of the same influences, e.g.; curvy, fully upholstered, fringed bottom.

Okay, only peripherally related, but I thought I'd find an example in a clip from "Dinner at 8." From 1933, it's one of my favorites. Jean Harlow's "Gangster Moll" apartment had furniture like that. I didn't, but I did find a clip with one of my favorite movie lines from that film, a movie overflowing with great lines. Pretty racy for 1933. Oh, the stuff they could get away with pre-censorship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQNQqwFK-OM

Hollywood Glam Sofa.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KellyA said:

...Pretty racy for 1933. Oh, the stuff they could get away with pre-censorship...

Sneaking "racy" stuff into movie dialogue was how they got around the really stringent censorship that started with the Hays Code in 1930 and lastest into the 1950s.