Just try to give up dollhouses...and does anyone recognize this house

Felthen

So I had a dollhouse, a nice one. It was unusual and lovely but full size and huge. I kept looking at it. trying to start in. I would go past it and stare. haunted this forum and others for ideas. It was ready to paint, but the wood looked so lovely I couldn't bring myself to paint it. I bought wallpaper and then didn't like it. fixed a couple of broken windows, some porch posts, a stair spindle, looked at it some more. Couldn't commit to changing anything.  Finally I decided It just wasn't meant for me. I really wanted fully enclosed. So off it went to someone who wanted it more. I built a couple of half scale kits, decided to call it quits, got rid of most all of my supplies...and a Shadow Cliff found me. It was on an auction site and I never frequent those. It had to be shipped and good luck with that. But I had to have it, I have wanted one forever...and now it is mine. truly a thing of great beauty, so much for giving up dollhouses. I know I have seen it before, maybe somewhere on this forum and I would love to know more about it if anyone wants to share. So anyway I am back. Again. Sigh. and broke. And buying furniture kits and supplies all over again. 

Just try to give up this hobby...

I tried to post a picture but I don't know if it worked.

shadowcliff front of house.jpg

• Like 3

If that's the one from EBTH, you got a smokin' deal! I was watching those auctions but didn't want to pay the extremely high cost of shipping to where I live. If only I'd lived closer to Boston. (weeps silently)

28 minutes ago, Felthen said:

I know I have seen it before, maybe somewhere on this forum and I would love to know more about it if anyone wants to share

It is made by Lawbre. Just google and you will see all kinds of images. You have a great house!

https://lawbre.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=22&chapter=20

Kelly, yes this is the one and I got a fantastic deal. I have been sweating over the shipping since the auction. it is one thing to buy it, another entirely to receive it shipped from an auction cross country in good shape. I finally got it today. it had suffered some minor trim damage before I bought it and during shipping a little more broke. Some of the ridgeline, the rest of the second story porch rail. a couple more shingles and another piece of lattice, but all in all nothing that I can't fix pretty easily. I am over the moon happy, I love the way this is done inside. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Felthen said:

Kelly, yes this is the one and I got a fantastic deal. I have been sweating over the shipping since the auction. it is one thing to buy it, another entirely to receive it shipped from an auction cross country in good shape. I finally got it today. it had suffered some minor trim damage before I bought it and during shipping a little more broke. Some of the ridgeline, the rest of the second story porch rail. a couple more shingles and another piece of lattice, but all in all nothing that I can't fix pretty easily. I am over the moon happy, I love the way this is done inside. 

Oh, believe me, even with shipping I was seriously tempted on a few in that auction. I wasn't worried about breakage during shipment, merely the cost. As you said, all those things are easily repaired. Often, even damage that looks quite severe turns out to be no big deal. Shingles, porch rail, lattice? P'SHAW! Now, broken windows, that'd be a fright because Lawbre windows are a bit outrageous.

The shipping cost more than the house but I wanted this dollhouse so badly. I couldn't believe what I saw those houses sell for. A couple went for a lot of money, but they were truly collectors items, and several very nice houses didn't bring much of a price at all. I wonder if anyone else from here got one. I kind of liked the Robin Betterly bed and breakfast and a couple of others. A little green cottage, and the cabin with the stream (and little orange water snake). I think the pictures are still up if you search EBETH under dollhouse finished sales. For me this was the ONE  so I didn't pay much attention to the others at the time, but I looked at the photos of the other houses after the auction. I checked out their interiors and things as entertainment while I waited nervously for this one to ship.